This is just a fun and funky nail design that obviously took HOURS of work. I wish I had the patience to get this done.
This is just really cool and brings back good memories of spring. Just awesome. Though the face she’s making is a bit scary.
I really love all old 8-bit games and all the remakes. This one just puts a smile on my face. 🙂
This one’s just funny as hell. And the tongue is sorta gross…
Cute and simple and happy.
This one is just a cute, very chic twist on the french tips. I absolutly love them!
Very pretty almost-oriental-looking floral design. Great fall colors.
So, think I’m really loving this mod design. It could go with anything bright and funky. It’s just really geometric and cool.
This is the sexiest one out there!
Like the spring flower design, this is another amazing and very impractical design. An ‘under-the-sea’ theme.
And one for the upcoming holidays! 🙂
You know you’ve always wondered how to win THE game. All the time. You’ve often pondered tricks, techniques, from attempting to read faces to calling the cosmos to help you. Well worry no more, I now present THE way to winning the game of games.
So, while on StumbleUpon the other day, I happened to find a pretty awesome thing on the internet. It is a graphic design-type project free to the public.If you go to http://mrdoob.com/projects/harmony you will find a variety of drawing options. From sketchy, shaded, chrome, fur, long fur, web, squares, ribbon, circles and grid options. You can also change the background color and ink color. It’s really fun to mess around with. My favorites are web and squares. Just have fun and make some cool words/ pictures.
Also, a while back I went to a Paul Simon concert for his So Beautiful So What tour. I bought the shirt for this particular tour and recognized the fur option when his name was written.
There is this amazing video that I found on the internet where these guys take a bottle of mountain dew, pour out about 3/4 of the contents, add a little bit of baking soda and 3 caps of hydrogen peroxide.
I tried it out and it didn’t work. We had brand-new peroxide and new baking soda. We tried adding more, less, we ended up trying out the extra that we poured out. Nothing worked and I was really bummed.
However, I heard that the guy added the liquid and glass tube of a glow-stick before they started the video. When he shook the whole contents together, it broke the tube and causing the reaction of a glow stick.
So think about it. Even if the Mountain Dew couldn’t react on its own, wouldn’t it be cool to break the glow stick in do it anyways? You could trick family, paint your sidewalk, paint your nails, something cool…
I’m gonna try it and see how it goes. You should too!
- Thomas Dolby- Famous for his song ‘She Blinded Me With Science’, released in 1982. He was considered part of the ‘new wave’ pop/ electronica genre of the 80’s, however his works very greatly. The strage vibes that are associated with him is always there though. Check out his single Hyperactive, or his albumns The Flat Earth, Aliens Ate My Buik, A Map Of The Floating City. These are my favorites but he’s created a lot more.
- Chumbawamba- Best known for the song Tubthumping or ‘I get knocked down’, they are a spectacular example of british punk. They show their strong progressive ideas often. Feminist, Socialist, anti-war and racism, they are a very culturally-centered band with anarchist overtones. My favorite songs are Amnesia, Homophobia, Tianemen Square.
- Beck- Best known for his hit single Loser, which started out as a joking experiment with his random rap, and his albumn following called Odelay. Beck is a great experimental/ alternative rock artist. He is quite a vertuoso and multi-instrumentalist. His work varies from a alt. rap to blue grass. Personally, I suggest looking at his earlier works MTV Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack, or Banjo Story.
- Frijid Pink- Best known for House of the Rising Sun, they are a great ’70’s multi-genre band. They were so popular after the song debuted that Led Zepplin, just starting out at the time, opened for them. Some other great songs are Rainbow Rider, Music For the People, Portrait.
- The Vapors– Best known for their song Turning Japanese, released in 1980, was thought to refer to masturbation. They were another new wave pop band. They only released two albumns which were pretty different. The first was more social issues- focused and the second was darker and more psychotic opening with a song about the cult leader Jim Jones. The band split after ’81. Some of their other song include the one mentioned above, Jimmy Jones, News At Ten, Magnets, and Somehow.
- The Gorillaz- Most commonly associated with their song Feel Good Inc. Beginning as a musical project in 1998, the band is personified by 4 main animated characters: 2-D, Merdoc, Noodle, and Russel. They are anternative rock/ dub-type hip-hope band. Very origional. They use everything from rapping to orchestral to choirs. They often move to critisize public icons in subtle ways. They have lots of great songs, though most of my favorites are on the albumn Demon Days. Other than Feel Good Inc., I like Dare, Clint Eastwood, Kids With Guns, Rhinestone Eyes.
- Jason Mraz- Hey! Remember his song I’m Yours? The one a bit back that everyone was obsessed with? That’s one of his most popular songs, obviously. Now Jason Mraz isn’t exactly a forgotten artist, we just haven’t heard as much from him lately. Not after the obsession with that song, anyways. He is a pop rock artist birthed in Virginia. He is quite the hipster. Being a vegan, health-consious and charity- consious. My personal favorite songs are: Geek in the Pink, Wordplay, Beautiful Mess, The Remedy.